utorok 9. decembra 2008

Exercise 1:
1. Where is Tim? I haven't seen him all day (not-see)
2. Do you like Bratislava? I don't know. I haven't been in Bratislava in my life. (not-be)
3. Do you like Franco Zeffirelli's films? Yes, I have seen "Rome and Juliet" about 50 times. (see)
4. I hurt my leg skiing. I haven't worked in about a month. (not-work)
5. Can I ask you a question? Have you seen my sister today? (see)
6. Oh fantastic!! Now I have missed the train!!! (miss)
7. My brother works for the government. He has spoken with the President many times (spoken)
8. I haven't entered a pub since my son was born. (not-enter)
9. I want that report Dalton!!! I'm sorry I haven't finished it yet. (not-finish)
10. Diana doesn't know about the party because I haven't told her. (not-tell)
11. Would you like some dinner? No thanks. I have eaten already (eat)
12. Have you seen my slippers? Yes, they are under the bed. (see)

Exercise 2:
1. Where is Tom? - I haven 't seen him today, but he told Mary that he'd be in for dinner.
2. I bought this in Bond Street. - How much you did you pay for it? - I paid .f.l00.
3. Where did you find this knife? - I found it in the garden. -Why didn't you leave it there?
4. I have lost my black gloves. Have you seen them anywhere? - No, I haven 't. I´m afraid I When did you last wear them? - I wore them at the theatre last night. - Perhaps you left them at the theatre.
5. Do you know that lady who have just left the shop? -Yes, that is Miss Thrift. Is she a customer of yours? -Not exactly .She has been in here several times but she has never bought anything.
6. He left the house at 8.00. - Where did he go? - I didn't see where he went.
7. He served in the First World War. – When did the war begin? -It began in 1914 and lasted for four years.
8. Who did you vote for at the last election? - I voted for Mr. Pitt. - He wasn't, was elected, was he? - No, he lost his deposit.
9. Did you like your last job?- I liked it at first but then I Quarrelled with my employer and he dismissed me. - How long you were there? - I was there for two weeks.
10. I didn't know that you knew Mrs. Pitt. How long have you known her? - I have know her for ten years.
11. That is Mr. Minus, who teaches me mathematics, but he hasn't had time to teach me much. I only have been in his class for a week.
12. Did you hear his speech on the radio last night? - Yes, I did. What did you think of it? '
13. I didn't know that you were here. Have you been here long? - Yes, I have been here two months. - Have you been to the Cathedral? - Yes, I went there last Sunday .
14. Have you ever tired to give up smoking? -Yes, I tired last year , but then I found that I was getting fat so I started again.
15. Have you seen today's paper? - No, has anything interesting happened? Yes, two convicted murderers have escaped from the prison down the road.
16. Has Mary fed the cat? - Yes, she fed him before lunch. - What did she give him? - She gave him some fish.
17. How long have you known your new assistant? - I have known him for two years. –What did he do before he came here? - I think he was in prison.
18. I haven 't seen your aunt recently .No. She hasn't been out of her house since she bought her colour TV.
19. Has the plumber been here yet? - Yes, but he only stayed for an hour.- What did he do in that time? - He turned off the water and emptied the tank

Žiadne komentáre: